Merrydale, LA Parking Lot Striping
Merrydale also contains many commercial areas, including restaurants, shops, and parks, that we are happy to have serviced in the past. We would love to stripe your business' parking lot, so make sure to give us a call, email, or fill in the form to the right for a FREE quote regarding your parking lot striping.
Wheel stops are made of different materials such as plastics, wood, metal, concrete, and recycled rubber. Common installation techniques include mechanical pinning, epoxy, and gravity weighted.
While all these installations are useful, they are not 100 percent full proof or maintenance free. One can easily knock an epoxied wheel stop, making it lose. If you bolt a wheel stop or anchor it through mechanical pinning, repeated hitting can destroy the area around the anchor.
This, in turn, creates channels for water to penetrate, which results in more hazards. Another great damage is snow-plowing operation; it tends to push the wheel stops out of the alignment. For this reason, you must check and examine the existing wheel stops on a regular basis. Check for factors such as cracking, corrosion, deterioration, and misalignment.
Here are dos and don’ts when placing wheel stops in your parking lot:
If you have a parking lot or parking garage with high vehicle or pedestrian traffic and you want to install or remove Wheel Stops, here is a detailed installation guide for accurate installation.
How to Get Started
Start the installation process by recognizing your requirements. Certain things to help you decide are:
1. The Traffic Volume: High or low
2. Area of Installation: Industrial, Commercial, or residential.
3. Type of Vehicles: Trucks and Cars
Make sure your Wheel Stops are put on a flat surface before you start.
1. Look for the right place of installation.
2. Put the Wheel Stop at the exact position and drill a guide hole in the concrete through each hole with a 14mm masonry drill bit to mark the surface, and make it clear where to carry on drilling.
3. Take out the Wheel Stop and clear the concrete dust in the application region.
4. Keep drilling each guide hole to an estimated depth of about 120mm.
5. Brush out the concrete dust that built up in the drilling process.
6. Insert the plastic plug element of the fixing within the drilled hole and mallet in.
7. Position the Wheel Stop on the holes, line up and use the M10 screw to put it through the Wheel Stop and into the plastic plug.
8. Finally, tighten the M10 screw with your 17mm socket.
Gardere Parking Lot Striping
The Importance of Speed Bumps
Speed bumps are also known as speed breakers. They are a family of devices designed to calm or slow down vehicles to enhance security on the road. Speed bumps include speed tables, speed cushions, and speed humps.
Why Do We Need Speed Bumps?
The truth is that many motorists detest speed bumps, but they are placed on the roads for a reason. They boast of a myriad of health and safety merits. Speed bumps act as police officers, in the sense that they stop or slightly slow down motorists, hence their popular name “sleeping policemen.” Unlike police officers, speed bumps are affordable.
These vertical lines run from one side of the road to the other with the primary goal of prompting vehicles to slow down. Indeed, a speed bump has the potential to save lives and prevent you from facing a lawsuit. In addition to that, speed bumps allow pedestrians to walk through conveniently. This is the reason they are placed in areas with a lot of pedestrian traffic.
Weekly weather in Gardere, LA
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE QUOTE
Parking Lot Striping and Maintenance